Lickity Split

Monday, April 13, 2009

Cakes, set #5

This bright one is my most recent creation that was a spin off the original 13 year old's birthday cake. The springy colors were so good for my soul! :-)
For a baby shower, I made this "pea in a pod" themed cake. What I liked about this cake was the coordination of the cake with the frosting. What I mean is that the top tier had strawberry cake with white icing, and the bottom tier had white cake with burgundy frosting. Isn't it festive?
I made two smash cakes for two separate 1st birthday parties. They were virtually identical, because they had very similar themes, and we had to have chocolate for the dramatic picture affect!
The above photo was meant to resemble presents stacked on top of one another! I thought it turned out pretty cute.
Here is the other 1st birthday party cake....complete with a tiara on top!

I made this red velvet cake and dyed the frosting pink. It's pretty generic, but was worth posting, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment